Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
NYMafia has claimed to be related to two ranking wiseguys, which explains the slant inherent in all of his posts.

Two options.

Assuming he's fibbing, A): He is a fantasist who has developed an obsession with a certain Italian-American subculture.
Assuming he's telling the truth, B): Everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt because he cannot remain impartial about government witnesses or cases that are on the docket.

Which wiseguys has he claimed to be related to? I must admit I doubt he knows any wiseguys, but I do enjoy some of his articles. I know many of them are fiction, but some are accurate

---f
Ralph, I'm glad you enjoy my articles. But why would you say some are "fiction"? NONE are fiction. they are not even 95% accurate. I'd put that range at about 99%. (hey, nobody is perfect right? Lol)

As far as knowing wiseguys. Again, why would you say that? Why is that so incredulous?

My father, uncles, grandfather, great uncles, and several cousins, were ALL wiseguys. FACT! ..... Over the years i grew up in the areas of Downtown New York - Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Queens. At one time or another I lived in all those areas. All of which were heavily saturated Italian neighborhoods. I rubbed shoulders with guys all my life. Since birth. As far as my own personal credentials go (I won't even go there).

Do you NOT think that I'd bump into guys, go to school with guys, play ball, and hang out with guys. Be with my family members while they operated and bounced around?

Remember, that I didn't grow up out of state. Or in some rural area, or city where there is no presence of organized crime. In my neighborhood if I threw a rock I'd hit 12 wiseguys, or their family members.

In fact I'm not gonna even go any further. Use your imagination and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that I'm a bit more hooked in than one would first imagine.

My partner was laughing yesterday at some of the comments on the forum. She could not believe that nobody would notice that while she lists her name as Lisa openly. I always go under the handle of "The Other Guy." Why do you think that might be? She was surprised that nobody would deduce that maybe it's because I wanna keep my anonymity.

Your articles are well written for the most part and I truly appreciate your effort. However, the biggest problem every true crime writer has is the source. That is why many OC articles tend to be a little off at times. The writer can be as honest as Jesus, but his sources rarely are. Jerry Capeci may be right 60-70% of the time, and I consider him to be one of the better true crime writers out there.

As far as you knowing or being related to wiseguys. Look, a lot of people have claimed that around here. I always take that stuff with a grain of salt. Not saying you're a liar, but I am also not saying I believe you either. Hell, you could be a childhood friend of Danny Pagano for all I know. I'm not sure why you want to remain anonymous or why you feel the need to point that out. A lot of people get off by making people think they are bigger than they truly are. You could be Vincent Gotti's pool boy for all I know.

I like Lisa a lot. Does she post here? She does a very good job with the videos.

Well written? Are we reading the same articles?