Originally Posted by eastsideofvan
I like you too NYMafia and more to the point I think you obviously do everyone here a huge service with the research and posting you do. Actually, right before you appeared on here I thought things had become very dull and I think you've done a lot to liven it up. Without content, there's nothing to drive a discussion board! NYMafia creates a ton of content and we should all be grateful for that.

I suppose you do strike me as a bit of a fanboy, but I don't think you should take offence to that. Aren't we all, to some degree fans of the subject if not the individuals involved in this life? If NYMafia feels some affinity to some of the guys we talk about here, that's your right to feel how you want. Lots of people feel affinities for famous figures whether that's Princess Diana or the Pope or whoever else. We can debate the morality of whether or not we like/approve of these figures - but isn't having that debate one whole key component of even having a "discussion forum" like this? It's a Discussion Forum, not an "agreement forum".

Anyone who claims they're not at least a bit of a fanboy, I guess I gotta ask - why are you here? Just nothing better to do? Why have almost all of us here spent time watching mob flicks and reading the books and so forth?

It is after all a fascinating subject - I've been called on it by friends of mine and have gotten used to offering my own explanation for what I find so fascinating about OC.

As to whether NYMafia has bona fide connections, who knows, and what does it matter anyway? It's like talk radio - callers call in with all kinds of claims, good hosts don't even bother trying to ascertain the veracity of the caller they take their claims at face value and debate and discuss them on that basis for the purpose of a largely theoretical discussion -- assuming what the caller is saying is the truth. I don't care if NYMafia is connected to anybody, or not. I'll likely never meet NYMafia in real life - my only relationship here is as a consumer of their (rather excellent) content, and to whatever degree we have some discussion or debate.

Oh and as to the Joey story, that is obviously bullshit. Much like the claims of mass voter fraud themselves. I don't think Joey could rig a PTA election at the local elementary school much less the US federal election. Joey is no Sam Giancana.

-----
Eastside, I saved you for last. You wrote I lot and I wanted to do you justice.

Bravo!

What you have written is so succinct that I agree with everything you wrote, as well as how you wrote it! My compliments. You obviously have real good comprehension and the art of deduction, as well as some writing skills to be able to put down on paper such a comprehensive argument on my behalf, and for the health of this forum. I'm not gonna delve into each and every item you discussed because I think you did a perfect job of laying it out. Theres not much I can add to it truthfully. Lol

I just wanted to say thank you! I'm very happy that you and so many others have spoken up regarding all this BS.