American Airlines is really p*ss*ng me off right now! I heard from my cousin in New York back in September that my flight for Christmas next month might be in jeopardy because AA was pulling out of the airport I was scheduled to fly in to. I contacted American asking for a refund in September. They said the time frame they were pulling out of the airport was October 7 - November 3 and since my flight wasn't scheduled until December 8 and it was still showing as active, they declined my request for a refund. Well, they're now since canceled the flight and I contacted them yesterday following up on my request for a refund. They called me this time (all our correspondence had been via e-mail prior) and told me they couldn't refund my flight because I canceled my flight and requested a refund back in September. I told them I never canceled the flight in September, that I was requesting a refund because they were going to change my flights due to not servicing my final destination airport. They said "it's company policy that we can only process refunds once a flight is canceled." First, I never knew that and secondly, I STILL never asked or authorized them to cancel my flight because I was still going to fly on December 8 to see family for the holidays. I was still going to use the flight so why would I cancel it? After asking to speak to a supervisor the woman on the phone wouldn't put me on with one, saying, "they're going to tell you the exact same thing I am." I asked to speak to the refunds department and they don't accept incoming calls! Are you kidding me!? In the year 2020, this department deems itself so high and mighty that they don't want to be "bothered" with incoming phone calls. GET REAL! So she finally suggested that I contact my credit card company and dispute the charge, which I've done. They've given me a provisional credit for the flights but it'll take another 1-2 weeks until their investigation is complete. They better rule in my favor because I'm not going to be out hundreds of dollars for flights that American Airlines canceled and I never authorized them to do in September. Talk about a mafia! They take your money and never give it back! 🤬