Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
@NYMAFIA
Something that goes overlooked during Joe Bonanno's reign, is the firm position he had in the garmet industry with a number of members involved. How much of that influence was the Bonannos able to maintain in the 70s?

And also (I know this is jumping era's) but is it safe to say to Bonanno Family was "richer" in the 30s and 40s because the members were younger and more capable. By the 50s, Joe shifted more to the drugs and outside NY business, so the family lost some ground.....

(Just my opinion) I know we've agreed on Joe B's greed but in my research (comparative to the other Families), they were never able to compete earner wise and brain power wise. I mean my Thread on the Luciano Family is like night and day, as far as the capability of the members. Throw on the equally massive Manganos. Then the wise Luccheses and the tough Profacis..... I mean at some point l, somebody's gotta get put out the market.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano