Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
DeRoss, Langella, and Montemarano were Persico conduits during those years, there are two others but those are the ones that were known to give messages and orders on Persicos behalf.

1978 is when Michael Franzese was made.

On Gerry Pappa, he was an associate with the Colombo family, but like Gravano, he had problems with Spero's brother. Pappa actually had a relative with the Genovese and was able to transfer to that family. Pappa killed Ralph Spero cause Spero was ripping them off in drug deals. Tommy went looking for his brothers killers and then disappeared. Before Pappa became a loose cannon, he was first in Thomas Lombardi Gaetano Marino crew in the Genovese family, later he was with Matty Browns crew when he was hit.

Who headed the other Genovese Brooklyn crew? Last name Russo I think.

You may be thinking of John Rizzo and Andy Russo, both were involved in the sitdown, especially when Pappa asked for police protection. The Genovese Brooklyn crews were Thomas Lombardi/Gaetano Marino which Frank Illiano and Albert Gallo took over later, this was the crew that split from Frank Tieri crew. Thomas Lombardi was actually running two crew at one time, until Ottaviano Lombardi took over one of the crews and Marino took over the other crew. Matteo "Matty Brown" Fortunato, this is the old Anthony Carfano crew. Thomas Contaldo took over for Fresca which use to be part of the Greco crew. Michael Generoso was skipper of another crew. Those are the five Genovese crews that had huge pull in Brooklyn, there were others but those are the major ones in the borough.

I finally found the book out of the thousands I have. Cantalupo say it was guy named Johnny Russo close to Tieri.