Originally Posted by pmac
I wonder if persico going to the commission for jerry Pappas life turned chin against him. Chin wasnt boss yet and I think him and pappa were in the his crew. Cause all pappa guys went to chin after. Pete savino being 1l. I read he was pissed people took over pappa rackets and loans. Chin said were robbing the dead. I read it somewhere

That just added to all the old beefs between them. The Gallo brothers and the Chin/Greenwich Village crew had a relationship that stretched way back to the 50s. The Genovese and Gambino family were into influencing the other crews in different families to try to get a leg up on the Commission. For instance the Chins crew backed the Gallo crew of the Colombo Family and the Sonny Red faction of the Bonanno family. The Gambino's backed the Joe massimo faction and the Joe Colombo faction. Honestly I would love to hear more about the Shorty Spero and Ralph Spero murder. Was Shorty actually a Capo when he was whacked? Gerry Pappa had to be off his rocker or thought he pulled off the perfect sneak job. I would also like to know how Pappa transitioned from the Rampers(Colombo farm team like Gravano) to the Genovese. We know what transpired with Sammy. Beef with Ralph Spero, couldn't solve it, didn't want Sammy whacked so they transferred him to Toddo Aurello. I'm betting Pappa had a similar beef with Ralph, he got transferred to the Genovese Brooklyn crew once headed by Tieri. I'm drawing a blank on who took over the Genovese Brooklyn crew after Tieri. Was it Rizzo or Russo? It was in Joey Cantalupos book. Persico laid out the facts that they knew Pappa killed The Spero bros and want e to whack out Pappa, the Genovese family OK'd the hit and the Colombo's sent in a stone cold killer Little Dom Cataldo to carry out the contract in Dutchie Tuzzio's place Villa 66.

Last edited by ColonelReb; 10/25/20 03:03 AM.