Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Two names that I've seen in passing but don't know much about BIAGO RESTIVO and PIETRO "PETER" LICATA. Any info?

Biagio (Benny) Restivo was an old timer member under Bonanno. He was the owner of a popular brand of Italian bread that he manufactured from a bakery he owned on National Avenue in Corona, Queens, back in the 1950s-1970s era. The Restivo Bakery distributed loaves of hot Italian bread (wholesale) daily to the areas delis, groceries, and latticini's, etc., throughout Queens and Brooklyn.

His son Louie later became a member under his fathers sponsorship. Louie went partners with his boss Joe Massino in the Casablanca Restaurant in Rego Park/Maspeth. I believe that Louie was the upfront owner since I don't think he had a record at that time in order to get the liquor license. Al Altadonna (another member) may have also been upfront, as Altadonna had been a restauranteur for many years. He owned Altadonna's on Woodhaven Blvd., and had another great little joint that served only Sicilian cuisine along the Horace Harding Expwy., in Fresh Meadows after he got rid of the Woodhaven location, but after a few years he wasn't doing the business he needed to and ended up closing the place. I think Altadonna moved down to So. Florida after all that shit with Massino turning rat, and all the indictments that came down.
-----

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/22/20 02:54 PM. Reason: modified