Originally Posted by Andragathia
I know plenty about the history of my ancestors. Consider your sources. I'd be interested in reading those journals. Can you link to them? I don't believe they were his men as you call them. He was just the tour guide. Do you blame a tour guide for the bad things his passengers did. Like if I beat you up on a septa bus here in Philly is it the drivers fault. Or if the driver drops me off at the next stop and I cut your mom's hands off do you assassinate me and the bus driver? You know for a fact Columbus was raping women. Idk. If I was one of his passengers and wanted to make sure a safe return back to Europe I wouldn't let him off the boat. What if he died and you couldn't get back. Ever think of things along those lines? Do you really believe Columbus was in charge of everyone or just a captain?

No offense but I suggest you do more research yourself, because for someone who claims to know plenty about this history your analogy holds absolutely no water. Columbus was not just a captain, he was the "Colonial Governor" of Hispaniola. He was literally THE man in charge on the island while rape, murder, slavery and starvation was commonplace for the Tainos that lived there. That's nothing like a bus driver just going stop to stop. You can still be proud of your heritage while recognizing Columbus participated in genocide. Hell, if your ancestors are Southern Italian like mine, or from anywhere else besides Genoa, Columbus might not even consider you his ancestor in the first place since he was around loooong before the unification of Italy.