Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
" Hope & pray they take Columbus Day off the calender"

Of course you do. It will accomplish about as much as tearing an old ass statue down

----
I agree with you on that Colonel. As many have said and I do agree, tearing down a statue doesn't change history or erase history. Let's all learn from history. Lets move forward so we as a people can get to a higher ground. But not deny history.

That is unfair to the generations of kids who come after us. How do the children learn what was what, if we change history in an attempt to "clean it up"?

For that matter our first president George Washington was said to own slaves in his lifetime. Do we take down all his statues? Do we write him out of the history books? Do we erase his image from our currency? Do we cancel Washington's Birthday? Of course not, that would be preposterous. Actions like that would deny history.

For that matter Ulysses S. Grant and other great generals and public figures of the United States had slaves as well.

So if we are not taking those actions against the likes of Washington, Grant, and other famous people of those early American eras, why target Columbus?

It is unfair! If you are going to cancel Columbus, then let's cancel them all!.... In fact maybe we should call in all the history books ever written and rewrite history as we would like to see it.... where does it stop is what I'm asking?

---
I do agree with G. Vicari on one thing, maybe its best this entire thread be shut down because its getting way out of hand. It was never meant to stir up all this controversy, or to be divisive. Let's live and let live. God bless everybody. No harm No foul..... we all have different views and opinions, and I for one respect everybody's right to express those opinions in a gentlemanly way. As I stated before thats the whole idea of America correct? TO be able to be ourselves. Let's all strive for that. Peace out

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/14/20 03:41 PM.