Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by NYMafia
You have your "Indigenous" rights because of the written constitution of this great country, which was developed after it got its start on day #1 from those brave sailors of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.
lol Wow

The same Constitution that considered Black people to be 3/5 of a person?

Columbus was a savage himself. Pure and simple. The list of Italians that are far more deserving of the type of recognition Columbus receives is a mile long. I'm part Italian and have no problem admitting this, because I don't tie my pride of my heritage to a single figure.

----
Rolling bones, this is getting silly now. Our constitution is not perfect, nor is our country. But I dare say that you still fair better here than ANY other country in the world. If you don't think so, then go try and get a taste of another country and see. We have come a long way baby, but admittedly have a long journey still ahead of us to make a "more" perfect union.

I don't know if you are aware of our history (since you are part Italian), but although maybe not to the degree that blacks were, did you know that Italians in this country faced HUGE prejudice. Do you know how many times Italians were lynched in this country just like blacks were? Do you even know that nearly ALL newspapers and periodicals across the country at one times referred to Italians as "non-white" and as "worse than blacks"? The New York Times, etc.and other major periodicals.

In fact we were considered "black", and "worse than the negro" which was actual phrases repeatedly written in major daily's. We had NO rights. For many years in fact.

So don't blame Columbus, or any other Italian for slavery or any other atrocities committed to Blacks, Jews, Chinese, Spanish, etc.... because the Italian people (your Italian people) stood in the front of the line for kicks in the ass, and a rope around their necks!
-
And FYI, my Italian identify is not solely tied to Columbus but a whole host of Italians and our history dating back to antiquity. Columbus is but one such name I am proud of. As far as "savage" ? Lol.... you've been brainwashed by all this current "political correctness" thats so popular nowadays. I think (I can just feel) that I'm a bit older than you. And I come from a different mindset and viewpoint. Your views are fine and you are entitled to them as I said to BF. They're just not mine.

I know I will never change your outlook, its too engrained in you. (I'm not even trying to).

Let's agree to disagree thats all. Ok? At the end of the day "it is what it is" as the man said.

Good night.