Originally Posted by RollinBones
Originally Posted by NYMafia
You have your "Indigenous" rights because of the written constitution of this great country, which was developed after it got its start on day #1 from those brave sailors of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.
lol Wow

The same Constitution that considered Black people to be 3/5 of a person?

Columbus was a savage himself. Pure and simple. The list of Italians that are far more deserving of the type of recognition Columbus receives is a mile long. I'm part Italian and have no problem admitting this, because I don't tie my pride of my heritage to a single figure.

RollinBones,

Indeed. It was more or less counting only 3/5 of my culture's population for political gain in Congress.

I'll say that with all the boosting he ( & other guys) done of Columbus is for historic reasons tied to the achievements of voyages. What comes afterwards is extreme baggage for multiple cultures ( including the Italians themselves). Now the eurocentric themes that the USA develop from is predominantly on the British Isles not Italy. Thanks for your input & perspective Bones.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb