Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by BlackFamily
Originally Posted by Lenox
The 1400’s were a primitive time. The indigenous indians were brutal to one another. Colombus was a great man.

Also: You can add about that brutality to every culture and their known as Natives.

Now you are talking gibberish. Your last statement doesn't even read correctly. It doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say?

I'm not speaking gibberish, you may have misinterpreted that way. All cultures ( ethnic groups around the world) have a history of brutality.

Originally Posted by NYMafia
And let's try and keep it friendly alright guys. No reason to get nasty with each other. We each have a right to our own views. right or wrong?

Lenox and I happen to think Columbus (and his ilk) were great men. Visionaries and clearly became iconic figures in history. (And may I add icons to our Italian populous). We are very proud of him, as we should be!
-----

Honestly BF, If you go and truly read the newspaper articles and opinion pieces I had posted up in this thread, you may very well soften your views. Open your eyes and try and see both sides of the coin, thats all I ask of you ok?

I've read that article and frankly it's written with tendentiousness. The historic background of the chosen day and his achievements in his occupation. The flip side of the coin is how history unfolded for commodities , cultures , & mischewed events. There's going to be perspective dissonance depending on your background. You & that bigot can cling to Italian heritage respectively yet don't just brush to the side other cultures who aren't fond of the day.

SN: The initial quote i made is from a song.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb