Originally Posted by Lenox
The 1400’s were a primitive time. The indigenous indians were brutal to one another. Colombus was a great man.

You are very much correct Lenox. And I totally agree with you wholeheartedly!

There are 2 excellent articles in todays NYDaily News regarding Columbus and the holiday. I don't know how to pull them and post them for you and others, but I will ask Lisa to do it for us ok? I just know that it will resinate with you and others who look at the subject of Columbus and his discovery of the New World objectively. Remember we were just coming out of the "Dark Ages." His accomplishment was astounding and "literarily" life changing (for the better) for the masses of humanity.

When reviewed in totality he indeed WAS a great man as you aptly said!
--
For that matter Columbus Day in general is our day to show Italian pride!

So in that spirit, on this special day I'd also like to mention and recognize Amerigo Vespucci (for whom our great country the United States of "America" is named after), Giovanni da Verrazano (another great early explorer for whom the "Verrazano Bridge" is named for), John Cabot (better known as Giovanni Caboto), Guglielmo Marconi and Antonio Meucci (the true inventors of the telegraph and telephone), the great Michelangelo, the famed musicians-composers Giacomo Puccini and Antonio Vivaldi, Dante Alighieri, Giuseppe Garibaldi, the famous tactician Niccolo' Machiavelli, Caravaggio, Raphael...........and so on, and so forth!

.........The List is breathtaking and endless!

Happy Columbus Day to all who celebrate... and Viva Italia!

......And to Lenox, Happy Columbus Day my friend! ;-)

PS: Oh shit! I almost forgot Leonardo di Vinci, Lorenzo de' Medici, Federico Fellini, and Sandro Botticelli.... how absolutely silly of me..... "Mi scusi"

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/12/20 05:49 PM.