Interesting observation. I don't know why Joe didn't set Bill up with something lucrative but here's my guess. Bill always adamant that he decided to join "the life" and that his father was against it at first. Maybe as a father, he was not going to reward him for rebelling. Maybe he thought, if you wanna be in the life, you're gonna really be in it. Bill was not a criminal, he should have just stayed out west and never except Consigliere. I think he really wanted to be in the thick of things. That's the only way he thought, he could be respected is by imposing himself in the hierarchy. Especially since Joe was losing his hold on the Family by mid-60s. I still believe if Galante or Joe Diamond wasn't in prison, the Bananas War may not have happened.

When it comes to Profaci, I more meant, he was more "open minded" to deal with other Italians and a more dangerous element within his Family.

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 10/10/20 08:57 AM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano