As far as fascinating I'd have to say that each borgata holds it'd own interest for me. I don't consider the Bonanno any more or less interesting that the next.

As far as "being open" as you say? For one Profaci made sure to set up each of his kids, and his brother Sal and Sal's kids very, very well. Each were deeply enmeshed in Profaci "legitimate" holdings and later inherited his assets to operate for decades to come.

His vast real estate, tomato and olive oil importing companies, etc. Each were multimillion-dollar concerns. Garment factories, storefronts, land holdings, etc, etc. These things (assets) were staffed with his children, nephews and nieces from the time they were young and they learned the business. They were sheltered and protected, both financially and physically.

Joe Profaci was NOT exposing his beloved children to mob elements. Even his son Sal, and nephews who were prone to the life were "made" but given solid big money jobs and businesses so that generally speaking they didn't need to risk exposure and arrest in "the streets". All this was accomplished despite Profaci dying in 1962.

Yet Joe Bonanno lived to 97 years old and died in what? 2002?...... for decades he had his son Bill living like half a pauper. It forced Bill (the son of a boss who had more money than God himself) to get involved in petty crimes, fraud, stolen credit card, scams, etc., that saw him imprisoned over and over.

Yet Bonanno never lifted a finger to help pay the lawyers, or support Bills family while he was in prison. You would think that Bonanno would have put his kids into Grande Cheese, Saputo, or had them run his cotton farm, or handle/manage his vast tracts of real estate. Or his other assets. But no? Why is that?

Bill Bonanno was treated like a jerk off, yet was his "blood" son. His heir! .... This was the guy he wanted to make consigliere remember?

Joe Bonanno had some very weird ways. He was a very stingy guy at his core. THAT is obvious. To the detriment of his family, and his Family. By the time Bonanno died he son was pretty much burnt out himself, already in his early 70s. For what? So Joe could take his money to the grave with him??

Profaci died 40 years earlier but still managed to set all his family up for generations to come. And believe me Bonanno had just as much wealth as Profaci.

Thats only one major difference.