Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
That's the thing with Joe Magliocco, by the mid 1950s he was a shell what he was in the 1920s till that point. He is still a chief suspect in the murder of Peter Leone, rumored to have been a heavy hitter, which throws a wrench in it was all Albert Anastasia crew since Joe Florino, Double A's top gunman is the prime suspect in the Joe Peraino shooting. Regardless, Magliocco was a major force and his father Giovanni is rumored to have been made, which would explain the Magliocco-D'Agati situation where nothing happened to John after he killed Frank, although there is a lot more is to that.

Interesting. I knew that I saw/heard that about Magliocco was a street guy during the prohibition era. That time frame with the Colombos is a weak spot for me. Because I know all the Families have a rich history, I know The Profaci's are no different but less examined.

That's a crazy dynamic within itself. The Profaci/Colombo Family has ALWAYS had a major dangerous element and a sorta factioned Family, even from the beginning you see the precursors of the later drama in the 50s/60s. There's Profaci's relatives/supporters, a group that followed the rules but generally didn't respect him and a young element that were apart of establishment Mafia politics/renegades. They had a dangerous crew with Profaci and Magliocco at the top. From a street point of those problems were bound to happen.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano