Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
That's the thing with Joe Magliocco, by the mid 1950s he was a shell what he was in the 1920s till that point. He is still a chief suspect in the murder of Peter Leone, rumored to have been a heavy hitter, which throws a wrench in it was all Albert Anastasia crew since Joe Florino, Double A's top gunman is the prime suspect in the Joe Peraino shooting. Regardless, Magliocco was a major force and his father Giovanni is rumored to have been made, which would explain the Magliocco-D'Agati situation where nothing happened to John after he killed Frank, although there is a lot more is to that.

Agreed. By that late era he was already aging. He was fat in both wealth and girth, and no longer had the fire required to navigate the family.

But he was a more than capable guy. If he wasn't, Magliocco and his brothers would never have been able to accumulate the extensive wealth they did by developing the wide swath and myriad of major businesses within varied industries that he (and by proxy they) did.

And as I stated in the my other post I do think Magliocco made a great underboss or #2. He just may not have had the savvy or vision to sit at the apex of a borgata as he was required to do after Profaci's death.

Here is a biography I wrote about his life. I think it spells it out better than I can expound on here:

https://thenewyorkmafia.com/giuseppe-magliocco/

Last edited by NYMafia; 10/08/20 07:48 AM.