Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino
Originally Posted by Njein
Originally Posted by pmac
Seems like when rusty was out in 1984 as boss he was really not that well respected in my head. Fat tony was crushing him on wiretap. Sales Vitale said he held court in a park alot. Maybe he was smart never got caught going to the sit downs. Maybe he wasn't even invited. Yet the other bosses allowed his family to make alot of guys in 76 77 ect

It's implied Chin told Fat Tony to veto Rusty's attempts to join the Commission.

@Dob_Peppino I am assuming the Bonannos had about 180 to 250 made men at the time of the Valachi hearings. During the Banana Wars, didn't Magaddino attempt to take over Montreal as well?

I have come up to around 125 names from various sources. I am still researching and adding as needed. The number is debatable. I could believe, if you include the names of some old timers who were active at the time and some guys who were true "sleepers" and are lost to history. It could be over 200 but I am, this is the core of it. I'm sure I will come across some names later. I'm sure that there is a hidden heavy as well. They will be added.

Bonanno had control over Montreal and tried to go into Toronto which was Magaddino's territory. Magaddino did have presence and tried to create some stink in Momtreal. It was all based on Bonanno's ambitions and Magaddino's jealousy.

Bonanno had good ties to the Bay Area mob families (San Jose and San Francisco) and had a crew of 20 or so guys in Arizona, so it's no doubt he really wanted to control the Los Angeles mob as well. Wonder how Chicago (Accardo), Philly (Angelo Bruno), and Boston (Patriarca) would have reacted had Bonanno clipped off Gambino and Lucchese, and then New York City subsequently squeezing them out of Las Vegas and California.

What was Bonanno's relationship with Frankie Balistrieri after being shipped off to Arizona?