As it has been pointed out, it is a grind and life full of treachery. Here's my opinion on it. For me, if you are in the streets, you might as well go as far as you can with it. Of course, the 30s - 80s, a button had more meaning (and of course, certain families carry "more" weight) but it still carries an unspoken thing. If someone is made, it means one of three things (if not all) you're an earner, you're a hitter or (if not those) connected to someone Very important in the life.

Now being made doesn't guarantee anything but by that same account I wouldn't use guys like Burke, Watts and Humphreys as an example of an associate, simply because they exeptions to the rule. A great "associate" usually doesn't get to their level of earning or clipping capability.

Either way, you can end up in the can or the trunk of a car, you might as well go as high as you can. But you also have to take into account, what Family and crew you are being proposed for. I don't know who would turn down a Genovese button (thats a high accolade in CN, means you are top notch at something) but maybe if you don't want to go to War, or be bleed to death, money wise, you'd probably pass on a button from Brooklyn.

Overall it would be "easier" to protect yourself from enemies and the just about the same risk law enforcement wise to be a made soldier.
Give me the button!

Last edited by Dob_Peppino; 09/26/20 12:32 PM.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano