The Tattoos are not forced anymore, not since the 1990s, once in the 2000s, they started to relax that. He was most likely in a Bosozoku when he was a teen, which severe as a recruitment pool. A lot of Yakuza comes from Burakumin or Korean background, not all of then but at least have of their membership, some organizations are dominated by these. If you understand the Japanese society and culture, then you know they believe they are better then everyone else and looks down of those that they feel are not to their standards. When he said they dont require a member to cut off his finger to make amends, that is true, as some of the larger Federations are moving away from that tradition, but not all. His story of him fighting with the boss of his family and leaving the Yakuza is also true. There have been many members since the late 2000s that have retired due to an argument with a higher ranking member in the family, but the big one was the split in the Yamaguchi-gumi in 2015. Ironically the group that split from Yamaguchi-gumi in 2015, also split in 2017. I think the guy was in the Yamaguchi-gumi since most of what he says lines up with that organization, and although I never been to Fukuoka, my friend said that drugs were heavy there. I can state for a fact that drugs are rampant in Tokyo as many Japanese work long shifts, I know a few that pulled 30 hours or more on a shift and they dont get enough sleep, they are always working.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green