Originally Posted by chin_gigante
Originally Posted by majicrat
I'm only going to say that I don't believe Larry was an informant for no other reason than the ability to speculate is without limits, and I have never read anywhere in official documents, reports or statements that he was an informant. Could he have been? Sure I suppose. Was he? I doubt it and nothing written above changes my mind that he was. Could we assume? Yes if you choose to lean in that direction. I just don't...yet. Thanks

Something I found:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=132534&search=%22Lawrence%22_and+%22gallo%22#relPageId=511&tab=page

I can see why someone would think Larry was an informant because of this but look at it carefully.

Larry and the Gallo's are all over the papers by then. It's 8 months after he is almost strangled to death. His picture is all over the place.

Yet he is in a steakhouse in Bronxville NY at the table with an FBI agent giving him vague information about the Commission and how it's organized? Just doesn't make sense.

Either A, someone at the dinner with Larry went back and told the Feds or B, the Feds rousted his dinner asking him things about it and he was saying things in heat which was later interpreted by the Fed to make himself or the agency look good.