As we often do in these forums, I will stray from the forum's subject as I did in my post above

How plausible is it that a non-mafioso like Roth would come to order the murder of a mafioso, especially a Don. As I posted above, there's no reference to Roth's attempted hit on Michael being sanctioned by the Commission or, for that matter, any other mafioso. Are we to believe that Ola was the only sanction necessary? If Ola was really Joey Alo, it should be noted that Alo was only a capo in the Genovese family. Perhaps we could assume that Genovese (or his fictional equivalent) sanctioned the hit. I don't. Certainly, Roth could have allied himself with one or more of the families with the intention of eliminating Michael and then splitting up the Corleone spoils among Roth and his mafiosi confederates. However, for Roth to simply strike out on his own would be suicidal. It all just seems so implausible.

Of course, Michael eliminated the other Dons a few years earlier, right? Do their families still exist? If so, who heads them? Are those families subordinate to the Corleones? Madonne!

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."