Originally Posted by Turnbull

I believe, the reason Michael sent Frankie to the Rosatos' meeting was to continue to appease and string Roth along including Michael had not twigged, it was Roth all along and also to find out the traitor in the family not “to put him [Frankie] to a final test” nor Michael needed to be “convinced it wasn't Frankie”

Hardly. The last thing Michael said to Roth in Miami was, "Frank Pentangeli is a dead man--you don't object?" But, instead of having Frankie killed, he instructs him to have the meeting with the Rosato brothers. Roth should have been alarmed by that because it signaled that Michael didn't suspect Frankie in the shooting after all--meaning that he must be suspecting someone else. Also, Roth should have been suspicious that Michael asked if Roth would object to his having Frankie killed--why would Don Michael ask Roth's permission to kill a subordinate who,supposedly, was responsible for the Tahoe shooting? It was as bad as Michael failing to question why Roth interested himself in the Rosatos' beef with Frankie over three territories in the Bronx. Roth was slippin'...

Originally Posted by Lana

My take, Michael's "Frank Pentangeli is a dead man--you don't object?" to Roth was more of a statement than question [ie: Michael was not “asking” for “Roth's permission”] in keeping with the continuation of their charade

I tend to agree Michael was not “asking” for “Roth's permission” it was statement than question Then Pentangeli is a dead man, you don't object.

The only inside contenders are Neri or Rocco
Roth was slippin'...with the Tahoe shooting and Pentangeli as the fall guy

I reckon at Roth's house, it was still the old and sick great man teaching the wise and considerate young man the important things charade If Michael twigged that Roth was behind it during his train ride, when did Roth twig he had figured it was him?