Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by pmac
Been reading this organized crime 5 families stuff for awhile the debate always comes down to did the luchese and genovese family open the books for the disco fever dudes in 74. Michael franzese has flip flopped saying he was made on Halloween 75. But his induction and who was there is the same. I can't remember didnt casso testify in front of the gas tax Senate he was made in 1974? Casso seems to remember alot of details

You typically hear 75', then 76'. some say 77'..... a few say the end of 74'

I truly believe a few could have gotten it in late 74' on the down low quietly.

But to my personal knowledge. And of this I am 100% certain on. In fact, make it 200% certain. There were a bunch of guys (some say 10 in each of the Five Families), who got the badge by 1975.

I do not remember what time of the year it was, spring, summer, fall, etc, but I know for certain that the year was "1975" because several people close to me got it. This is a thing I will never forget.

10? Provide a list of the names. In the thousand documents I've read in the 5 families I've only seen Allie Boy Persico getting made in a family outside of NY and transferred to the Colombo Family to rep his brother Carmine who was going in for a long bid. Only others that have claimed weren't documented but in their own words. Fish cafaro and George Barone in the Genovese 1974. Gaspipes Casso in the Lucchese Family 1974 and Mike Franzese in the Colombo Family Halloween 1975. And all the facts and guys Mike says he.was made with line up with Halloween 1978. The Fall after the spring murder of Americus Scotese. I'm not saying it was impossible but out of the thousands of documents and books I've read for the past 25 years I don't have any concrete evidence that any happened. I once thought Franzese couldn't have gotten his making date wrong until I saw this article and re-read his book again.

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2019/02/gambino-family-ceremonies-1970s.html?m=1

----------
Hiya Colonel, The specific document I am referring to is a newspaper article in late 1975-early 76 that quoted law enforcement stating that through their informants they now know that the official "books" have been opened in LCN. That the rats stated each Family has been allowed to make 10 new members (so 50 throughout the Five Families). I do not remember specifically which paper it was but I wanna say that either The Daily News, or New York Times. Could have been the Post also but I don't think so for whatever reason. TNYT or Dailynews.

I remember my father and uncles bugging about it, because they could not believe that no sooner were guys getting in, the Feebees already knew of it.

Now, the reason why these dates are so significant for me is because several people close to me "got it" as well at that time. (Extremely close to me without going into details), So close that we immediately went out and had a big celebration together because of their elevation. And of course I will never forget these dates. I do not remember the month, I wanna say by summer maybe because I don't remember it being cold weather. But the year was definitely 1975. That much I do know.

So aside from reading it in the newspapers shortly after us going out to celebrate their good fortune, the newspapers had reported through LE as well. There may have even been some guys made in late 74', that I can't confirm. But by 1975 there were guys getting in.

If you scan old newspapers, especially the ones I spoke of, I am certain you can dig it up. I do not remember the papers mentioning names (although maybe they did). But they def wrote about it and stated 10 members in each crew.

LCNBios is a very good source. But even he says that the dates he states may have been when LE found out about the inductions, not necessarily when they WERE inducted. Only when LE found out

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/15/20 07:35 AM.