Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
The 1950s was information given by a FBN informant located in New Jersey. Bruno and Galante going through John Simone and Joe Zicarelli are from numerous informants, all adamant no drug deals were done, with one informant confirmed to be a made member in the Bruno family repeatedly saying that after Tommy Lucchese died, Angelo would only meet with Gambino family membersCarlo Gambino, and Paul Castellano, from New York, and let John Simone, Joe Rugnetta, and Tony Caponigro deal with the rest from New York and New Jersey. Bruno made Phil Testa his underboss, but was making sure Testa was not making many connections to New York, New Jersey, or any family outside Philadelphia, making sure Testa did not have the power to overthrow him.

-----
It's been well documented in MF that there were several informants in Philly at that time, made guys also. But I never read anywhere that they had spoken of such matters. In NJ there were a few rats as well. But again, that sort of info I've never read of.

In Philly they highly suspected one informant to have been Scafidi, another was Riccobene. In the 1960s they had a Jewish hood Kayo Konigsberg who was around Zicarelli. But again I've never read anywhere that any of them spoke of that, or would have even had that kind of sensitive knowledge of a Bosses movements and mindset to be able to give their handlers that type of intelligence.

I'd be curious to know where you read those statements in particular, and from which rat? I'd love to be able to read that type of info myself.

So if you can, please direct me where I can dig out such informant "gold", and which rat gave it. What are the sources you are speaking from?

Because this is in fact "Gold", and I'd love to do a few articles on them.