Originally Posted by majicrat
Nymafia, first off your articles are always well written, that’s why I asked Sonnyd to point out specifically the “so much incorrect info” knowing he couldn’t because I researched the boot in depth and your article was quite accurate. His snide comment to me to research it my self said it all. Anyway keep up the good articles we enjoy them. Secondly, tony boy was not well liked at all by the boots crew/family. He was considered the same as gotta jr. his fathers son and all that came with it. He died young of a heart attack. The house in Livingston is gated, chained and empty now (as far as I know) it’s owned by his grandson a well respected doctor. I wonder if the incinerator is still there. The story is he burned his enemies in it in his backyard.The boot is an underrated mob leader. That’s why on another thread I named him as one of my favorite least known longest lasting bosses. St. Lucy church owes him a ton of thanks too by the way

Thanks for backing me up majicrat. I appreciate your confidence in me and what I write. I do always try to be as accurate as possible.I take pride in what I do and wanna do it right...but of course nobody is infallible.

I agree on Tony Boy. He was viewed with a certain contempt as the bosses son, and "tolerated" IMO. Not a jerk off, but he was no "star" either.

I didn't realize that the estate was still in the Boiardo family. Gated and abandoned? Wow. Glad to hear that the Boiardo kids rose to become something better than their grandfather.... progress and the American dream I guess. Lol

I also agree that in the annals of organized crime history, Boiardo is a very underrated figure.