Originally Posted by furio_from_naples
Originally Posted by NYMafia
I believe that some of that IS currently happening today. And has been. Several years ago I was introduced to several Calabrese who had recently immigrated to New York. We ate lunch together in an Italian restaurant in Manhattan that one of them operated. We talked about our common Calabrian heritage.They asked me where my people came from in Calabria, and they told me where they were born. Very nice guys, in the late 30s early 40s.

After we said our goodbyes and left, I was told by my friends that they were also "friends" from Italy. And very good guys. I obviously understood what that meant.
---
Although they had a very late start compared to Sicilians and the Napolitani, the Calabrese are indeed making major inroads in the States (as well as Canada which has been well documented for decades already).

So believe me, they are stronger in America than many would think

Stronger in America? For sure is possible given that the Calabrians used to create celle in every contry.

7 calabrian men of honour can create a ndrina,7 ndrine create a Locale and so on. The Feds don't are focused on the ndrangheta but on the mexican cartels.

Yes, I have to say they operate very low key in the United States. Almost like ghosts. Thats a good thing for them