Larry was the leader of the group, then was one of four new Capos that Colombo made in 1964. Larry Gallo was also an informant, he was dropping dimes on his competitors, and giving perspectives on the Colombo administration. Joe Gallo was hot headed, when he was released he was hanging around high society and thinking himself the boss. Larry was level headed and weighed all his options out. Joe Gallo acted more than thinking. There is a list of most of the Gallo crew associates, the first war had a lot of big names that ended up in other families, when the first was over and even during guys were switching sided and transferring to other families associates. When Larry Gallo died, the crew was reduced to half. The Persicos were with the Gallo brothers then switched with Carmine earning the nickname Snake after he tried to strangled Larry and failed. Vic Amuso was with the Gallos then during the war transferred to the Lucchese as he was a "good kid". Larry was the brains, even the kidnapping of Profaci closest capos, he kept Joe from killed Frank Profaci, sidenote Joe Profaci was tipped off and left fast in the night. People say it was Carmine Persico that tipped him off, but the tip may have came from someone in Carmine Lombardozzi crew, at least a Gambino member anyway.

Albert Gallo and Frank Illiano took over when Joe was killed, had problems with other members of their own crew, and were allowed to transfer to the Genovese crime family. Vincent Gigante always comes up as the one who brought them over, but it was a few of the Genovese higher ups, Tony Salerno, Phil Lombardo, and Pat Eboli, there are others but those are the ones who actually went and fought for Gallo and Illiano to the Colombo and Gambino families. Tony Ducks mentioned the transfer and backed it up, this was when he was talking about a list of proposed members for the Genovese and the Colombos were blocking a guy that was with Kid Blast, weather that was actually Albert Gallo or a different guy is up to debate as the guys name nor nickname is ever mentioned. Albert Gallo had a long run, and is one of the sharpest and cautious mob guys around.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green