Originally Posted by alicecooper
NYMafia, it's difficult to tell where "they" stop and "you" start. I have two things:

1. Agree on your assessment of the district attorney racket and this should be taught in school. It's all about the kill ratio. I don't mean everyone is innocent, but some of the worst human beings alive are district attorneys. DA is a career path, nothing more and nothing less. Win at all costs, lie, cheat, steal, withhold...hey kinda sounds like the mafia!

2. Your whole assessment in that last long post above is laughable. It's a twisted and perverted version of street justice that is completely deluded by bullshit reasoning and an absolute inability to be honest about crime.

If you Rob a food truck, and that truck company loses money and therefore has to raise prices to cover it, that means the neighborhood store is going to pay more and then charge more. Leeches on an entire community, the one the thief pretends he sticks up for.

--------
Hi Alice, first of all I didn't understand your first statement about where "they" stop and "you" start". What did you mean by that? Who's they?

Second of all my viewpoints are not "perverted and twisted". And it is not bullshit reasoning. If you have ever lived within the Five Boros of NYC, Boston, Providence, Philly, or another major city that houses a Family, then you would fully understand what I am speaking of.

If you live in a rural area such a Butte, Montana, Charlotte, NC, or another area that has never had exposure to this phenomena then you would not understand (and clearly you do not). Especially if you've never had interaction with a wiseguy or knock around guy in your lifetime.

Similarly, if you have lived in one of these type areas and did have an interaction with a guy, but it was a bad interaction because you made a bet or something, and then tried to stiff him for the money you may have lost and gotten a slap in the face for it, you also might talk the way you are.

But if you have grown up in a neighborhood with a litany of street guys, and have experienced "real" every day normal encounters and bantering and developed friendships with a few, you would understand my position.... you have to "know the beast or subject matter well" to be able to truly "talk shop" so to speak. Otherwise its "long-distance telephone evaluations" instead of onsight experiences.
--
Your second post and analogy about "the guy on the meds being out of his mind and having an accident" I do think is a very poor analogy or comparison to what we are chatting about. It has little reverence to reality to this particular subject. A dope fiend and drunk is NOT a solid or valid comparison to a bookmaker who accepts a bet on a horse or sport, or a guy who takes numbers bets. Guys who essentially are conducting a business that nearly every state in the union has now also legalized and is doing.

And if you do think that your analogy is on target, then I suggest that maybe its you who has the "twisted and perverted" viewpoint and not I.

PS: one last thing. As far as District Attorney's go, (I agree and disagree with you on that one), I do NOT feel that they are some of the "worst human being alive" as you said. Only that some of them (FBI agents also) will bend and skirt the law for their own purposes, breaking the very laws they claim to be upholding. Some are pieces of garbage, but some are fair and impartial. It is the same with wiseguys, and in ALL facets of life. Good and Bad in everything. You cannot paint a wide brush across all because that is not realistic to life.

In closing, let me say it was nice chatting you, and although we may differ in views, I do respect your right to think the way you do.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/04/20 10:25 AM.