Originally Posted by m2w
Syracuse, 27 arrests for drug trafficking and extortions

(ANSA) - SYRACUSE, 03 SEPT - The mobile squad and the carabinieri of Syracuse have carried out an order issued by the investigating magistrate of Catania which led to the arrest of 27 people close to the Bottaro-Attanasio clan for criminal association in order to commit drug trafficking and extortions, after an investigation by the Dda. The investigation, called "Demetra", discovered the drug dealing activity of two criminal groups from 2016 to 2019 and allegedly carried out extortions aggravated by the mafia method. The investigations made it possible to clarify the mechanism used by the two groups to sell was well underway and capable of regenerating itself even following the numerous arrests of " pusher ", say the investigators.

--------
HI m2w, I see that you closely follow whats doing with the mafia in Italy and Sicily. I usually focus more on the activities in the United States with the exception of the Castellammare del Golfo and Trapanese coscas. Several months back I actually wrote an extensive expose' on their cosca tracing its history into the U.S. and back again.

If you have any new knowledge of their cosca (or little known older history), activities, or both, by all means post it up. I find all their provinces and Families interesting but CDG is of singular interest to me.

I appreciate any "intel" you could supply me with, because this project of mine is ongoing. In a perfect world I'd like to periodically update my storyline and keep current on this Family and town.

Thanks agains for your anticipated input.

Best regards, "The Other Guy"