Originally Posted by ColonelReb
Also your comparison of Joe Bikinis house is flawed. You compared the 1975( the wrong date of his death that you listed) to the current 3 million dollar figure. You have to list the year and price he bought it back then. Which I'm sure you don't know. You're obviously basing your findings off NY times articles/Wiki with a touch of Mary Ferrell and Newspapers.com sprinkled in.

Wrong! Completely. I beg to differ but I KNOW what Joe bought his home for and put into it. It was a mansion. (and a half). A multi acreage sprawling estate. And I also well know the real estate figures (It's one of the things I do for a living). A home valued at $250,000 in the mid to late seventies in today's market would easily be worth ten times its value +/- depending upon upkeep and desirability of area. I dare say THAT area was/is one of the most desired in suburban Westchester County, NY. (an extremely costly area)

If you know Harrison, then you would not question my statement. It is the equivalent of a Brookville, Old Westbury or Lloyd Harbor on LI. Go Google Polly Park Drive (his address) and take a look. If you can even see from an aerial view because of all the acreage and foliage you'll understand. Google some of the listings for the area. You obviously are not from the NY suburban area because that section of Westchester county is well known to be simply gorgeous and extremely expensive.

I am also extremely familiar with Massapequa and its surrounding areas. Massapequa "on the water" can be quite expensive such as Club Drive where Carlo Gambino and Terry Zappi had the homes on the Great South Bay.

But on its interior Massapequa is nothing special. Many homes are actually very modest. If you likewise Google Demeo's home you'll see what I'm talking about there as well... nice home. Nobody is saying it isn't. Its just Nothing special. Period! Maybe worth $600-800,000 at best IMO. And that being very generous. If it's worth more, then its got gold fixtures in it which I doubt. Good money, but not a WOW home. These are "tract" homes built cookie cutter on 1/4 area plots in a row. Not "custom built" designer homes on sprawling estate properties.

Back in that same mid-late 1970's period, a house like that might have cost $50,000-60,000 or so. NO comparison. I'm even allowing for a 12 +/- times increase to even make my point. It still doesn't touch a Harrison home. If I am wrong on ANY or these numbers its be a pittance either way. Numbers don't lie.

As I say, Google them each and I think this part of the discussion is over.

Last edited by NYMafia; 09/02/20 08:16 AM.