Originally Posted by Goldy
It was a funny scene but it was kind of silly if Paulie goes way back to Johnny Boy to his teens that Carmine would be completely unaware of who he was. It's not like there are a ton of made guys in Jersey NY would be dealing with to begin with, but Paulie would have been a main guy in the span of long he'd been involved. At least known to NY as they're in the same orbit. If for nothing else just for NY to be aware of the power structure over there in case some shit popped off and they had to make a power move.

But boy, did John play Paulie, ha. Which was the point of the scene.

Though it is kind of weird that Paulie never once had an interaction with Junior. I can only think of twice they were in a scene together in the whole run, but no dialogue between them.

The look on both of their faces was priceless. I die laughing everything, Carmine just stop even looking at him eventhough he's 2ft from his face lol

I agree 110%. I mean Carmine was a Boss but Paulie had been around far too long for that to make sense. I'm it would be the same as saying Old Man Dimeo didn't know who Phil Leotardo was. The circles they ran in, would make it next to impossible that his name never came up about anything or that Paul never drove either Johnny Boy or Tony to NY. And how do you forget a guy with huge gray streaks in a couffed Pompadour.

That an interesting observation. Surely Paulie had to have had some level of respect for Junior. But I guess they didn't want to convolute the series because theorically, Paulie should've had some kind of relationship to Junior, they were from the same era. Thinking about it now, its kinda strange, his reverence for Tony. Not Junior, not Richie, not Feech but "the kid" Tony

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano