Hollander, great song. Lol.... and Sinatra was VERY close with both the Fischetti brothers and Giancana. Best friends for a years. He even fronted for Mooney in ownership of the Cal Neva Lodge in Reno.

In NYC Old Blue Eyes' guy was a little known Genovese soldier named Louis (Louie Dome) Pacella out of East Harlem.

Going way back to Hoboken, NJ where he was raised, it is said that Sinatra's REAL guy was Gyp DeCarlo and Willy Moretti who I highlighted earlier today for the forum with a Bio I had done on Gyp. Supposedly Gyp was the guy who originally pushed Sinatra's career as a young singer with the Tommy Dorsey Band. Gyp and Moretti were alleged to be the guys who told Dorsey to release Sinatra from his contract with Dorsey's band.

That release (under duress of course lol) gave Frank his opening to soar.... And the is history as they say!

An extra bit of trivia for you, Sam Mooney and the boys from Chicago loved this song. Every time Frank was singing in Chicago or Vegas for that matter, if they walked in, or he knew they were in the audience he'd had the band stop midstream from whatever song they were playing and swing right into "Chicago is my kind of town" lol

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/29/20 11:12 PM.