Originally Posted by alicecooper
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Originally Posted by alicecooper
NY mafia looking at the words that litter that long post up above, the word I would use and I think many others would use to use describe you is indoctrinated.

Look, I read the books and watch the movies like everyone else but that's as far as it goes.

These people would murder me in a second if it suited their needs or wants. They'd kill anyone. I'm sure not looking for any "silver lining" when one of these career criminal scumbag pieces of shit goes down hard.

These people are parasites. If their crimes were limited to fucking up deadbeats who owe a bookie or loanshark that would be one thing but that's not where it ends and you know it. There's an old saying, how do you cure a horse thief? You hang them.

-----------

Alice, I would agree AND disagree with you on that one. It's the same as anything else in life. There are better ones, and there are worse ones. good and bad in all walks of life. To lump them all together does them (and you) an injustice because it is not a true picture. I've known many guys who were bookmakers, shylocks, and thieves all their lives and yet were the nicest guys you ever wanna meet. And loyal as a motherfucker if you were their friend or family. Great fathers, brothers, children, AND friends to many - in AND out of "the life".

And I've known many other guys who were complete animals, and as you say would rip you eye teeth out of your head for a nickel. Complete degenerates and sociopaths who should have been burned at the stake at birth..... good and bad. thats how life is!

Not to be partial (which I am of course), but family members of mine? thats just what "they did" for a living. But in EVERY other aspect of their lives they were the most conservative people, and religious people you'd ever hope to find.

Granted, they weren't stone killers (but they were no pushovers either) Lol, In general they were NOT vicious guys. But go fuck with one of them, and see how good you end up. Lol

So to paint EVERYBODY with a broad brush is not a true representation of the life, or many of the fellows in it.

But the BAD ones? And there were plenty of those too! They were real bad. I'm the first to admit it.

But we never hung around with trash like that. We tried to keep above the fray for the most part. And at least in our case we were able to...

I think the theme here is collateral damage; as in how much of it these guys cause. I don't care about rackets made from people's personal vices per se, bookmakers, shylocks, etc.

But your example of the thief...who does he steal from? Someone known as a thief does a LOT of stealing. At least sometimes he steals from honest people. That's collateral damage from that way of life projected onto innocent people who don't deserve it.

I identify with the working man, not the guy who steals from him. An honest man has enough problems already without a crime syndicate essentially acting like steroids to the underworld.

Any made guy is a leech on society. That's just the way it is. How many times are innocent people killed, terrorized or victims of extortion just because they witnessed something or via other random circumstances? That's collateral damage. The mafia feeds off of society. Some of those it feeds off of deserve it, but many don't.

-----
When I say "thieves". I'm NOT talking sneak thieves or "predators" robbing houses or innocent people. We never did that sort of scumbag thing. My family was accused (and later convicted) of taking down several million from a multi-national corporation that sticks it in your ass, that of your family and friends, and my ass ever day. Lol....Victims??? Fuck Them!! WE are all them victims of these "predator" corporations that have us by the balls.

I only wish we beat them them for more than they accused us of! Lol...

Like I told you on our first conversation and "go around", there are bottom-feeding wiseguys, and then there are classy WISEGUYS!

Good guys who you'd actually NOT like, you'd LOVE em if you met em! And then there are the bottom-feeders, the heartless, scumbags with NO moral compass. They actually give a "bad name" to the brotherhood, if that makes any sense to you.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/28/20 08:26 PM.