My father is a pastime blues player and I always grew up around plenty of old school music genres like blues, classic rock, southern rock, jazz...so as a kid growing up I was always looking for a specific genre or style my father wasn't that much into I could devote more of my personal attention to. Most of my friends were mostly into classic hip hop and others were into electronic music. I went to plenty of hip hop shows and raves throughout the years and while I definitely like stuff from both genres, I never really felt a real "connection" to it.

While growing up I came across the heavier rock stuff that was more popular with the youth at the time, starting with grunge like Nirvana and Pearl Jam going into bands like Linkin Park and Korn (who were huge when I was a kid). From there on I began to listen to Metallica, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Slayer...etc...and it was down the rabbit hole for me where I started to discover stuff from all kinds of subgenres and sub-subgenres and so on.

I'm open to all types of genres and I like to listen to Led Zeppelin, CCR, Wu-Tang Clan, Miles Davis, Allman Brothers, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Robert Johnson, Mobb Deep, Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughn and so on and so on...but the heavy stuff is the stuff I devoted a lot of time and attention to throughout my lifetime and it has always stayed with me. I like to think I'm open minded in this as well as I still like stuff I started listening in the past as well as the stuff I discovered later on, I gathered albums from every kind of subgenre and I don't really care about a band's politics (left or right) or an artist's flaws in his personal life - if I like what I'm hearing, I'm buying.

Over the years I built a solid collection. Of course with new upcoming releases and stuff that's still on the list it's always expanding. If anyone's interested you can find the stuff I own in the genre below;

https://www.discogs.com/de/user/TheKillingJoke1991/collection

Any other fans of the heavy stuff over here?