Joe Bonanno was the "District Trouble Shooter" for San Jose. The smaller families always made sure to have two allies or friends on the Commission. After Bonanno was in trouble the Profaci family represented San Jose through John Misuraca. When Persico became boss it was Salvatore Profaci son of Joe Profaci who was the messenger. When Angelo became boss, the Gambino family represented the family on the Commission through a retired member living in Livermore who was direct with Dellacroce, being a former soldier in his crew. During Angelo Marino reign as boss is interesting before 1980, when the Colombo through Salvatore Profaci, Bonanno through Phil Ciaccone, Gambino, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia had some influence in San Jose "Nostra Brigada". When Figlia became boss, the Gambino family still represented them until John Gotti became boss of the Gambino family, then it was back to Salvatore Profaci for the Colombos. The family voted to disband in 1995.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green