Reading your articles and learning more about the mob has shown something nobody really teaches you when you first start researching. Transferring families is not uncommon, it's actually very common. And some families (like on the west coast) actually rely on it to survive.

Who knows what happened to the 20-40 Bonanno east coasters once Bonanno was put on the shelf. Maybe they settled in San Jose, San Francisco, or went back to New York to be part of the main borgata. Charles Battagia and I want to say...Vito Mule are the only Bonanno west coasters there's a lot of info on.

In my opinion the entertainment industry and shipping industry was so huge on the west coast that there has to have been opportunity that wasn't getting exploited. Bonanno was right to try to hone in on their turf from an economic standpoint. However, it was against the mafia rules, frowned upon, and one of many infractions that landed him in hot water (planting his flag all over the world).

NY Mafia I don't post a lot but I read all your articles. Look forward to it in these quarantine times.