A few may have been with San Francisco like Frank Genovese. But remember that more than a few shifted to SF. And with the close affiliations between the Westcoast crews I do NOT doubt that a few may have even moved back and forth for various reasons over the decades.

Also those Bonanno guys. A few transferred their membership like Guastella when he moved west many years before. the others like Mule etc., had no choice. When Bonanno was expelled he couldn't even keep members. He wasn't even recognized anymore. He was "persona non grata"

So they had the choice to transfer where they wanted, and they chose San Jose or elsewhere as preferred.

As far as those associates you mentioned, several were indeed listed by me. you need to look at the bottom by my "associates" section. Ernie Casetta, the Salciccia brothers, Steve Cerrito, Frank Rao. They are ALL there!!

The Misuraca's originated in Detroit, but after their brother got clipped moved to Profaci in NYC. Big John Misuraca became an underboss to Magliocco. HIs brother "Artie Price" Misuraca was also affiliated with the NY Family.... their other brother Pete Misuraca, a half-wit and "ner do well", stayed in California. He was a thorn in John's side forever. John Misuraca tolerated him because he was blood. But Pete was an embarrassment and a fuckup, plain and simple.

As I'd stated both the Profaci and Bonanno Family greatly influenced this Family. But as "compare" from Villabate, Cerrito was VERY close with Joe Profaci. Profaci was his man on the Commission because of it.

PS: Know what, I take that back, I had those associates to added, and forgot to put them in or they accidentally got deleted by mistake. LOL....oh well. Nobody is infallible!

I will say that I didn't include, or wanna include several guys such as Rao, etc., because he only owned a restaurant and was friendly on a personal level with Cerrito. He wasn't what I'd label as a "Mob Associate" per se. Thats the problem with some of these associates that make these lists. A "personal friend" is just that, a personal friend. Although he may have even associated on a "social" basis with several wiseguy's, that type of guy is not a "knockaround guy", criminal, or hoodlum as I'm sure you know.

If a guy has a criminal record or has been documented as being involved in the rackets, then he should make the list. But from what I've read about a few of those guys I don't think they make the grade.

And if you notice I only included Italian surnamed associates. I know that there were other "non Italians" involved, but these men were listed under "associate members". The reason for this is that when I use that phrase, I only list men who because of their ethnicity were "eligible" for induction. I am aware that several could very well have been inducted members, or may have been inducted at a later time. But if they were "on the fence" in my estimation, they went in that list and not the "soldier" list above it.

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/21/20 12:07 AM.