Originally Posted by Zavattoni
Mangano really messed up; Should have gotten rid of Anastasia when he had the chance.. Same exact situation with Castellano not moving quick enough and getting rid of Gotti.

Did Mangano have any loyalist or heavy hitters back then?? I know he was a old school boss; Older then most if not all the commission. He was a “Mustache Pete”... I wonder how he got the boss position?? Him and Gagliano were older by 1931. No-one liked a old boss; (etc; Frank Scalise stepped down; Some others were whacked I believe)

This blantant act by Anatasia and the refusal by Profaci and Bonanno to do anything about the Mangano situation; really set the tone “You can kill a boss without reprisal

”
Not sure. Anastasia obviously has a brutal reputation maybe that factored into it. As for Castellano and Gotti you have to remember all the stuff with the drug dealing was happening around the same time as the Commission Case. Paul didn’t want to draw more attention by killing a bunch of guys. Also Neil basically protected Gotti until the moment he died. Honestly Gotti simply got lucky

Last edited by JCrusher; 08/13/20 08:13 AM.