I'll tell you what men. Let's agree too disagree as gentlemen ok? Everybody has their opinions on the subject. I certainly have my own (for my own very good reasons). I respect everybody positions. And from your perspectives I can readily understand why you would take the stance you have.

I feel differently based upon my own knowledge, understanding, and my own personal reasons.

PS: I'm going to make another very controversial statement..... and here it is: Vincent Gigante WAS ALREADY the boss of the Genovese Family by 1980-81. He was only thought of as a captain. I believe Frank Tieri or whoever they had listed up there was supposedly the boss according to the FBI. But they didn't have Chin listed as such.

Gigante was at least the "Acting Boss" already if NOT the official boss.

We do know in later years the FBI realized Salerno was only an underboss or "front boss". that Chin was already up there. But what I'm saying is that Gigante was boss before it became public knowledge even among many mob guys. Unless you were among a certain top few in various crews, most "made guys" didn't even know what was what.

I doubt you will hear that anywhere. And I'm really not looking to debate it.... But it is a fact that I know. Now how would I have information like that you may ask?

Well thats another conversation altogether that I cannot have. Again, it's just food for thought. Consider it or not.... I'm not saying to take it for gospel. (But I do. my choice right?)

There are many things about this life that are not in newspapers, in FBI 302 reports, even with things informers say (even the supposedly knowledgeable ones - made guys etc).