Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
Originally Posted by Neo
Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
I actually met all three of the Pittsburgh guys that went to Apalachin meeting. In fact I knew one of them reasonably well.

I read that it was only two guys from Pittsburgh that went to Apalachin - Michael "Mike" Genovese and Gabriel "Kelly" Mannarino. Which one do you know?

I spent quite a few deer seasons with Michael at Jo Jo's hunting camp, Charlies Roost in Tionesta,Pa. Zebo introduced me to Kelly one year when we went to pick up several boxes of his Catoris chocolate candy. Zebo also introduced me to John LaRocca at a visit to Keystone Vending one time.

My understanding has always been that all 3 went to Apalacin but only Michael and Kelly went to the farm as John stayed back at the motel. John wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up before he went to the farm house thus he never got caught up in the raid only Michael and Kelly did.

Deer hunting eh? I would have felt a little apprehensive being driven out into the middle of nowhere and taken into the woods by two armed mobsters.

I say this slightly with tongue in cheek; but did Zebo introduce you to 'Kelly' and LaRocca as a friend of mine......as in "a friend of mine"?

Hell more than 2 armed mobsters. How 'bout Jo Jo Pecora and Charlie Murgie? Not to mention an occasional few from New York.
As you may know being introduced as a "a friend of mine" is exactly that "his friend" as opposed to "a friend of ours" indicating that you're part of the Family".

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola