Joseph N. Gallo was a VERY low key mafioso who was said to have been a top assassin as a young man. He supposedly traveled around the country clipping guys as instructed. He came up under Mangano/Anastasia but I'm not sure who he was close to.

Lived in Astoria, Queens for many decades and was elevated by Gambino when he ascended to the throne. He was just a well respected soldier before that.

He also oversaw the Baltimore, MD regime of capo Frank Corbi for years.

Very low key but "serious" guy.

PS: a very little known fact is that for many years Joe Gallo had a skin disorder. It would affect his hands so in the 1950s-1960s you would often see him out at a bar wearing thin white gloves. He'd shake your hand while wearing them. I don't know if he was a germ nut or what. But I was told by my family that when they'd meet him and say hello he had them on on more than one occasion.

Until he fell during the Gotti era like all the others who stayed affiliated with Gotti, Gallo lived a pretty good life.

I believe he held garment district interests and was very close to Carlo Gambino for years. He was his Consigliere. well respected guy

In fact Gallo has a son by the same name who became a wiseguy. Wealthy fella. Did a big bit as a young guy for babania I believe but now is very stable.

It's a testament to his smarts that he maintains a very low key status. He came from good stock

Last edited by NYMafia; 08/08/20 08:56 AM.