Top criminal Mink Kok, who has lived in Beirut for many years, barely escaped the mass explosion in the harbor yesterday, he tells Crimesite . He drove 5 minutes before the crash past the harbor area, which is on the main road to the center. His car was damaged, but he and his family are unharmed. In Beirut, a warehouse exploded with an estimated 3,000 kilos of ammonium nitrate, a fertilizer raw material that is also often used for bombs.

"It was a close call . We had just driven past that coast road 5 minutes before, when the blow came. I drove past the marina, but not on the side of the sea, because I had driven through it. I felt the whole car shake and thought it was an earthquake. Everything fell out of the blue and then I thought 'shit, has a building collapsed or something?'. That sometimes happens here. Then in my left corner of the eye I saw a kind of mushroom and a plume of smoke and then I thought of a bomb. Because it was so close, it seemed they had blown up the parliament building."
Mink Kok, his Lebanese wife and in-laws are all still healthy.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"