Vincenzo Rao was official Consigliere but was locked up. Macaluso became acting Consigliere for awhile, then from 1967 till Rao release, Vario became acting Consigliere, then became Carmine Tramunti lefthand man. Vario and Furnari were both out on the streets at the time when the family needed a Consigliere. Vario was the most powerful Capo in the Brooklyn faction but he stepped on a few toes and rubbed some people the wrong way. Ducks heard disturbing rumors some of which were true about Vario, so he put Furnari name forth and Christy Tic became Consigliere. Another thing was the Drug business and both Furnari and Vario crews were in it, but Furnari was more cautious where Tony Ducks was tipped off that the DEA knew that Joe Beck and Vario had financed a drug deal worth millions, they could not prove it in court, so Ducks went with Furnari since he was more under the radar and had more important connections to legitimate businesses, and Christy Tic had James Bishop and Frank Arnold.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green