Originally Posted by Malavita
Originally Posted by Dob_Peppino

Scenarios
1.) If he is a earner, he get busted down to soldier. If not a earner, he gets shelved.

If i may, It's not really realistic though. If the guy is powerful, as you stated in your initial post, then it can't be as simple as demoting him or putting him on the shelf because then he might gather support and start a coup against you. I mean if you have just been appointed Boss, you want to solidify your leadership and have unity within the family. So if your first decision is to get rid of one of the most powerful member of the family because he is not your ally then it will create tensions within the family and your leadership can be exposed. Not to mention, the commission would not look too kindly of such move.

The way i see it, part of being a Boss is being able to manage the different factions within your family. History has showed that the most successfull Bosses were the ones who could coexist with some of their rivals.

I agree with your assessment of the situation. Here's is how I See it.
The logic is to make Money. But the Boss has to remain powerful. It doesn't mean he has to be arrogant or too my point Trigger happy. You can't always reward but I want it to be known the I can be merciful in Punishment. That I can be Reasonable. You don't always have to lead with the gun but you can't reward against your own best interests.

Remember I said that My underboss would be someone from an opposing faction in the Family. In my eyes I've already given an olive branch but I as showed I not out to have you kill for alittle thing. You are still aloud to earn but if you get out of line, your gonna have life issues.

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano