Good proposal Peppino. lol...

1) The first thing I would do would be to insist that ALL members and associate-members get into a legitimate business. Either buy one, partner in one, of get a job through a friendly union or with a "friends" company. VERY important to show legal income, plus it allows all individuals to have some sort of legit income regardless of how large or small it may be. Everybody has SOMETHING.

Ideally through our borgata make sure all good fellows are gainfully employed if not actually working daily. They have a pay check.

2) Next, If not already in place, start a major bookmaking operation that ALL members are required to contribute to. Either as a runner, getting a "sheet" and picking up a few players, or becoming sub-bookies (banking their own or in partnerships). This becomes another way for EVERYBODY to earn a potentially VERY GOOD income without stepping out with dangerous activities that make them face 20-30 years in the can. It is a 'FAMILY' business. All share in it.

3) Next, If I have it fine, if not then we pool resources and put out "on the street" a Family bankroll. Goodfella's buy the money at 1% weekly. Capos' pay 1/2 to 3/4 of a point weekly. BUT COLLECTIVELY we try and get $1,000,000 out there. It'll bring in $350,000 to $500,000 a year..........NOBODY TOUCH IT. It'll grow to a few million within a few years. Another good source of money. And it helps to keep the troops fed.

4) BAN ALL extremely dangerous activities: hard narcotics, high risk robberies, murders, etc. (this prevents rats)

5) If anybody steps out of line, they get shelved PERIOD!!........ If a guys a cocksucker and has to go. he disappears. NO CORPSE!...... and thats ONLY as a last resort. not a "business model"

6) As BOSS, I immediately elevate the few guys closest to me. My underboss is MY MAN, NOT another guy from another crew. MY consigliere is an old, veteran old-timer. WISE, but with no ambitions. He's way too old!

7) Skippers? I keep a few from other crews (even if they aren't my favorites to keep peace. It is the right thing to do. so long as they recognize me as boss - if not? then I knock em down).

8) BUT I DEF keep a few of my closest and most capable men as soldiers (in the shadows) to protect them for future use. Sleepers who watch my back. If they are on top they could get pinched and then I lose my ace in the hole. NOTE: VERY IMPORTANT, I keep a few of my most beloved guys as "associates". This way NOBODY can give them an order. They are beholden to only me. Thats my palace guard. I treat as good if not better than good fellows, but they are FREE of restraints. KEY! KEY! KEY!........... (a personal regime - on the side. away from the technical hierarchy).

9) I treat ALL MEMBERS fairly. I "make" only men that I trust. They DON'T have to be killers. Because just cause a guys a killer DON'T make him a good guy or trustworthy. It could actually make him the compete opposite.

10) I personally utilize my UB and skippers as buffers the way the system was always supposed to be. I stay in the "shadows". A BOSS that's in jail can't help anybody.

11) and God forbid I get a long bit? I relinquish my position for the good of the borgata the way Tony Corallo did.... a rare good move. Altruistic although Amuso and Casso destroyed his good intentions. NOTE: I would elevate someone close to either act in my stead (or I'd relinquish total control, depending upon the politics of the family) But this is a tough question. Probably the toughest...... In a perfect world, if I'm already up there in age. I'd relinquish, but I would try and negotiate to become a "elder consigliere". Still very respected, which will allow for me to step back and realize a % of the hierarchy profits satisfying my money needs, but allows for a smooth succession of power to a younger and hopefully low key, clean man.

This is the way it has worked in some of the smaller, tighter run "out of state" families that get along.... it is a perfect transfer of power. but still honors the elders and former superiors.

12) ALL crews keep operating but keep separate, like "cells". a minimal amount of exposure. It Keeps the mingling between wise guys to a low for anonymity and safety. Its called Survival in 2020.............

13) etc etc There are a thousand more moves. But these would be among my first.

Last edited by NYMafia; 07/29/20 05:52 PM.