So starting out, I would restructure the Family. To insulate myself, I would focus on my own Personal business interests and only deal with the Commission for the most part. I would elevate to the Underboss position the most powerful Capo from an opposing Faction in the Family. He will act virtually as the Head of the Family. I would have final say on who gets made and who gets whacked, while he runs the day to day operations. I would elevate the most senior (30yrs plus)Soldier to the Consigliere position. NO ONE gets made without a blood or martial relative being a member for 10yrs (aside from earning though making bones will not necessarily be a requirement)

The captain of my old crew would be in effect my Street Boss meaning, he'd be my eyes and ears and the only person from the Caporegime that would have access to me. He acts as the enforcer of my rules.
My rules: Absolutely no drug dealing, No Illegal business venture with the other Families. All sitdowns go on record with the Street Boss and to be decided by him, if it goes any further, somebody gets Clipped. If anyone gets pinched for drugs they are on their own, if its is other charges Their Capo MUST support them and their Family. Any problems with the other Family goes up the chain to Me, The Boss.

Scenarios
1.) If he is a earner, he get busted down to soldier. If not a earner, he gets shelved.
2.) I would get information from all parties but essentially remain on the fence and conduct my personal affairs
3.) Depending on my age (if I am younger then 60) the administration would act as a ruling panel with my Street Boss having final say and access to me. (If I am older then 60) I would officially step down and turn over the Family to My Street Boss. Why??? Because he came from My crew, thats why!!!

"Joe Bananas went after Carlo Gambino, the war went on for seven years..... When guys go to the mattresses, they're not out earning" -Tony Soprano