1.) One of the powerful Captains in your Family disapproves of your elevation to the top spot. What do you do about it?

I make him my Consigliere. (keep your enemies closer...). I appoint one of my loyalists as a captain of his former crew. I make his main protégé a captain of a different crew. I give a couple of his associates their buttons but i put them in different crews.

Pros :
- Making him a consigliere keeps the unity within the family ( kind of similar to when Gambino made Dellacroce his underboss).
- Being Consigliere means more power and money to him so hopefully, he will no longer contest my leadership and he'll be satisfied with the situation.
- As a Consigliere, he more or less has to go along with my vision and eventually i can make him an ally (what Stanfa tried to to do with Joey Chang)
- I prefer to make him consigliere than underboss so he is not my immediate successor.

Cons :
- I give my enemy a lot of power and i can't guarantee he won't use it against me
- As a consigliere, he becomes a legitimate Boss contender so if I am somehow in a difficult position he can make a legitimate move against me.

2.) Two of the other Families are conspiring to get rid of One of the other Bosses (you are neither a fan or enemy necessarily of the guy. What do you do about it?

Since I have just been appointed Boss, i'd rather not start getting involved in a potential war. But if I'm not careful, i might end up on the wrong side of the power struggle between the families. So i'd go along with the coup. With me on board, that makes 3 families that are opposed to that particular Boss and the fourth family would have no other choices but to come with us because there is no way a family would go against 3 families. So finally, the Boss would have to go because he 'd have all the other families against him. Proceeding that way will allow us to make it a peacefull move. The four Bosses would tell that Boss that he has to step down and that it's better if he does it peacefully. We negotiate some sort of retirement for him and we pick his successor.

3.) You end up going to the Can for a minimum of 10yrs. What do you do?

I keep the Boss title but I don't pretend i'm gonna run the family from jail. I appoint an Acting Boss whom I trust and who is well respected within the family and by the other families. I tell him that he can run the family on a daily basis without consulting me but he has to go by me for all the important decisions : inducting members, killings, big business partnerships with other families or other Criminal organizations, promotion/demotion, transfer between crews.

Last edited by Malavita; 07/29/20 02:14 PM.