I will say this, for the guys over there that I was familiar with, Mike Sabella for me was a pretty sharp guy. And probably one of then better of that bunch. He was a classy guy too! Not a cafone.

He lived for fifty years in a moderate home in Long Beach, LI. He always made it his business to own a few businesses while he was in the street. Even before he built Ca Sa Bella Ristorante. When I was a kid Mikey owned a pizzeria along Mulberry where he later situated the Ca Sa Bella. He was so successful with that little joint that he took store after store until he was at the corner. He converted the whole thing to the upscale restaurant that it became. He also bought the entire series of buildings (which even in the early 70s was no small feat).

Sabella always dabbled in bookmaking (not himself but he had guys around him for that). Mike also had a solid shylock book....a lot of money out there. that was his thing.

He also ran a popular dice game above the bar of the restaurant (everybody knew it). He never got pinched for the game either....that's Mulberry Street for you. lol

He had a big crew. As far as I know his men really liked him He was a very fair guy.... AND a gentleman too! Good guy.

But he was a serous guy too! Don't get me wrong. Because he'd clip you in three seconds if he had too. Sabella had like 6-7 arrests in his day. Murder, heroin, extortion... he was no jerkoff.

Yet I think he beat em all. I really don't think Mikey ever served a day