I really couldn't answer that. But my guess? Probably not. Because it largely depends upon the action the borgata has to begin with. Joe B has ALL the cash. I don't know but I get the feeling that he sucked up 99% of anything good. He left his men the crumbs (a fact that many a mob boss or capo are guilty of),.

A small crew like Lucchese, smallest in NYC, was a very wealthy family pound for pound. I'd match their wealth and influence with any other crew - again man for man. Proportionately speaking, they may have been the wealthiest back in the 1950s or so. NOT TODAY of course.

But guys like Profaci, Bonanno, and many others were NOT sports. Tommy Brown was singular in that regard. His men LOVED him.

Even nowadays, Joe Massino was a cheap prick (a rat too as it turns out). Natale Evola didn't live long enough for us to find out. Rastelli was NEVER a wealthy guy. He was a boss, yet didn't know how to make four cents. Spent half his life in the jug. And I know guys who loved Rusty, but I'm calling it like I know it.

When we read these mob history books they often glamorize these guys as big spenders. But Believe when I tell ya (first hand), for every 1 guy who was a sport. 50 were tight asses. And thats whether they had wealth or didn't.

THAT is the cold hard truth. Many would find what I just said hard to believe, but it's true.